Transportation schedule for the holiday weekend
If you’re expecting to use mass transit this long holiday weekend, plan ahead. Here’s what’s running — and what’s not — from the Rockland County Department of Public Transportation.
Friday, July 2
• The Tappan ZEExpress bus service will provide additional buses on regularly scheduled departures to accommodate an expected early rush hour at the Tarrytown Metro-North train station.
• Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) buses will begin express service from Manhattan on route 45 at 1:50 p.m., 47 at 2:30 p.m. and 49 at 2:15 p.m.
• The Coach USA Express (ShortLine) buses to the Exit 14 park and ride lot will operate early rush hour service from several locations in Manhattan.
• NJ Transit’s Main/Bergen Line and Pascack Valley Line and Metro-North’s Port Jervis Line trains from Manhattan and Hoboken will add early getaway service and cancel some regularly scheduled trains. Commuters should check with their individual transit carrier for details.
• The Haverstraw-Ossining ferry will meet an earlier train departing Grand Central at 2:54 p.m. The TOR Ferry Express bus will meet the earlier ferry arriving in Haverstraw.
Saturday, July 3
• Transit providers will operate normal Saturday service.
Sunday, July 4
• Transit providers will operate normal Sunday service.
Monday, July 5
• TOR and Tappan ZEExpress buses will operate Saturday service, except that TOR Loop 1 and Loop 2 will operate normal weekday service.
• Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) and Coach USA Shortline will operate Sunday service. Coach USA Express from the Exit 14 park and ride lot will not operate.
• Metro-North trains and New Jersey Transit trains from Rockland will operate Sunday service.
• Clarkstown Mini Trans buses will operate normal weekday service.
• Spring Valley Jitney buses will not operate.
• The Haverstraw-Ossining ferry and TOR Ferry Express bus will not operate.
• Monsey Trails buses will operate a special holiday service schedule.
Call the Rockland Transit Information Center at 845-364-3333, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, or go to www.rocklandgov.com and click on the bus for schedules, fares and more information.