Memorial Day transportation schedule changes
Here are the Memorial Day weekend schedule changes for mass transit in Rockland, as provided by the county:
• Regularly scheduled Tappan ZEExpress buses will provide extra seating from Tarrytown station during Friday afternoon.
• Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) express bus routes will operate early rush hour buses from Port Authority bus terminal. Route 45 will begin service at 1:50 p.m. Route 47 will begin at 2:30 p.m. and Route 49 will begin at 2:15 p.m.
• NJ Transit will add extra trains. On the Main/Bergen Line, an early train will depart from New York’s Penn Station at 2:37 p.m. and from Hoboken at 2:43 p.m. On the Pascack Valley Line, an early train will depart from Penn Station at 2:37 p.m. and from Hoboken at 2:51 p.m. The Pascack Valley train that normally departs Penn Station at 5:45 p.m. and Hoboken at 5:55 p.m. will be cancelled.
• Coach USA Express bus service from the Exit 14 Park & Ride lot will operate regular morning service. Evening service from Manhattan from 56 St. & 5th Ave will add two early getaway buses at 2:00 and 2:30 p.m. Wall Street buses will operate regular evening schedules.
MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY):
• Rockland County’s Tappan ZEExpress and Transport of Rockland (TOR) buses will operate Saturday schedules, except that TOR Loop 1 and Loop 2 will operate weekday schedules.
• TRIPS Paratransit bus service will not operate.
• Clarkstown Mini-Trans, Spring Valley Jitney, Coach USA Express (Exit 14) and the TOR Ferry Express buses will not operate.
• The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
• Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) routes 9, 9W, 11-A, 11-C and 20 will operate Sunday schedules. Commuter express routes 45, 47 and 49 will not operate.
• Coach USA’s Shortline buses will operate a holiday schedule.
• Monsey Trails buses will operate a holiday schedule.
• Metro-North’s Hudson Line and Port Jervis Line trains will operate weekend schedules.
• NJ Transit trains will operate a Weekend schedule on the Main/Bergen Line and on the Pascack Valley Line. Call 973-275-5555 or go to www.njtransit.com.
For all transit inquiries, call the Rockland Transit Information Center at 845-364-3333, weekedays, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Or visit the county’s website at www.rocklandgov.com and click on the bus.